* Tall, dark and handsome?
Although these traits make it easier for men to "attract women", they're not essential. Most alpha males aren't rich, tall, dark or even handsome. However women are still attracted to them. This is because these men display the traits of an alpha male.
To become an "alpha male", not only do you need to know the alpha male traits you should display, but more crucially, the beta male traits you should avoid. The more you avoid these "beta male traits", the more you will begin to naturally display traits that are suited to the alpha male. To find out about the alpha male traits you need to display, read my post 20 Alpha Male Traits You Must Master.
In the past I displayed many of the beta male traits listed below. When I started to avoid these negative behaviours I noticed women gave me more attention, people began to treat me better and also give me more respect.
Figure out if you're showing any of the beta male traits below. If you are then I recommend you take the steps to get rid of them.
WEAK AND SUBMISSIVE BODY LANGUAGE
Beta males tend to display weak and submissive "body language" and are often unaware they are doing it. To become an alpha male you must avoid the following acts of body language that beta males usually display:
* CROSSED ARMS. A sign of defensiveness.
* STIFF POSTURE. A sign of nervousness.
* LOOKING DOWN. A sign of weakness. A man that looks down at the floor a lot is usually seen as shy or timid.
* FIDGETING. A sign of nervousness and anxiety. Fidgeting can include shredding or playing with items, sitting on or hiding your hands, playing or twiddling with your fingers, biting finger nails, tapping your feet etc.
* SLOUCHING SHOULDERS. Indicates a low self-esteem.
* HANDS COVERING YOUR GENITALS. A guarded stance. This makes you look smaller and weaker.
* HOLDING OBJECTS IN FRONT OF YOU. Indicates shyness and resistance.
* SHIFTING YOUR WEIGHT. A sign of physical and mental discomfort.
* SITTING ON THE EDGE ON A CHAIR. An apprehensive stance. This makes you look like you want to get up a leave.
* BLINKING TOO MUCH. This shows that you are anxious.
* TOUCHING YOUR FACE WHEN TALKING. This shows that you are indecisive, feel shy and that you are thinking too hard.
* NERVOUS FACIAL EXPRESSIONS. Avoid biting and licking your lips, and twitching your nose.
* SMILING TOO MUCH. Smiling at every little thing signals to other men that you are not a threat.
* AVOID / MAINTAINING EYE CONTACT. Shows that you are feeling insecure or uncomfortable.
Try to avoid these acts of body language that beta males display. Positive body language is the best way to show confidence. Women love confidence! To find out more read 25 Beta Male Body Language Mistakes.
AFRAID TO TAKE RISKS
Beta males are too afraid to take risks and leave their comfort zones. They automatically look at the possible consequences, especially the negative ones. A "beta male" may have a dream or goal in life but is scared of change and never takes action. A non-risk taker will:
* Always stay in the same job or career, even if he doesn't like it.
* Never try something different.
* Never be adventurous.
* Fear making mistakes.
* Be perceived as boring.
* Never achieve his dreams.
Beta males are unwilling to make their own decisions, are too nervous to lead conversations and therefore allow others to lead for them. A follower will:
* Not have a personality or identity.
* Always follow trends to try and fit in.
* Never make decisions.
* Never make suggestions.
* Always need guidance by a leader.
A beta male will always seek approval from other people. He constantly needs assurance and hopes that people like him. A man that seeks approval will:
* Hope that he is entertaining.
* Hope that he is funny.
* Always end sentences with, 'what do you think?' or 'is that ok?'
* Be scared to say no.
* Always ask for permission.
* Always turn his head quickly when someone wants his attention.
STARES AT WOMEN
Beta males will stare inappropriately at women. Beautiful women know that they are attractive. Only submissive men turn their heads and stare at women. Checking out every hot woman you see shows desperation and that you probably don't get much sex.
A beta male has a negative attitude about life. They have a hard time seeing the positive side or positive outcomes in life. They are always nagging, complaining and moaning about small negative issues and never do anything to resolve them.
A beta male lacks self "confidence". It is one of the main differences between a beta and alpha male. A person that lacks self confidence will:
* Give reasons for his actions.
* Try to be a perfectionist.
* Display defensive body language.
* Always reply to criticism and become defensive.
* Always worry about the future.
* Become critical and rarely see a positive in any situation.
* Always hate the way he looks.
* Find it difficult to make decisions.
* Suffer from social phobia and shyness.
OTHER BETA MALE TRAITS
Here is a list of other traits that beta males display:
* Doesn't look after his appearance. Doesn't exercise, has an unhealthy diet, poor dress sense and badly groomed.
* Always makes excuses in life for things he can't do.
* Is very insecure and cares about what others think of him.
* Always apologises if he thinks he may have offended someone.
* He doesn't admit to his mistakes.
* Is shy and afraid to meet new people.
* He is very sensitive to criticism.
* He gives up after he fails and is fearful of failing again.
* Gets jealous very easily.
* Always tries to dominate and prove he is better than someone else.
* He avoids confrontation (both physical and verbal).
* He gets angry easily.
* He is always trying to please people.
* He is uncompetitive.
* He is a push over with women.
* He is desperate to have a girlfriend.
* Is afraid to touch women.
* He doesn't take control in bed.
* Always seems to be in a nervous rush to get to places.
* Talks too fast - This indicates you are anxious and have low self confidence.
* Uses filler words such as umm / ah in-between sentences.
* Mumbles and talks with a monotone voice - This makes you seem unassertive.
* Takes too long to respond to a person's question - This makes you seem indecisive and that you are thinking too hard to gain approval.
Recommended books (downloadable pdfs):Henry James - The Portrait Of A Lady
Helen Ferry - Get The Facts About Sterilization
Helen Ferry - Get The Facts About Condoms
Labels: women marry approaches women which brad control pickup lines work guys sites things women gets laid guys finish last brain will cajun pua seven women stay